Today we want to highlight one of our top clients: The Cowtown Marathon
The Cowtown Marathon, established in 1979, is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that promotes the importance of health and fitness in the Fort Worth, Texas community through the C.A.L.F. (Children’s Activities for Life and Fitness) Program. We checked in with the team at The Cowtown Marathon and learned more about their event and their work with Banners on a Roll®:
- Organization/Company name: The Cowtown Marathon
- Mission: We believe it’s never too late to start living a healthier lifestyle, regardless of age, size, or background.
- Exciting News about The Cowtown Marathon: We have just wrapped up our big event for this year—our 40th Anniversary Race Weekend, complete with more than 24,000 athletes from all over the world participating with over 60,000 spectators and over 4,000 volunteers.
- Goals for The Cowtown Marathon: For our event, visibility is vital. Banners on a Roll® helps us silently communicate with and catch the eye of the general public who attend our event. It splashes our logo boldly and brightly so that people feel welcome and excited for all that The Cowtown Marathon stands for.
- The Best Mission-Related Feedback The Cowtown Marathon Has Received: With a mission that centers on general health as well as children’s fitness, some of the best feedback we received this year came from low socioeconomic families whose children were given a free pair of running shoes from us.Additionally, there were many people who trained for our event and overcame huge health obstacles to finish strong, along with countless others whose lives benefited by lacing up for The Cowtown Marathon.A few specific examples…we had a seventy-two-year-old grandmother who ran our ultra marathon (31 miles), a 99-year-old man who completed our 5K, and child in a wheelchair who received a grant from our children’s non-profit program and crossed his first finish line, wearing a pair of running shoes from The Cowtown C.A.L.F. Program.
- How The Cowtown Marathon Uses Banners On A Roll®: We wrap it along the outdoor entrance to our event, along the start and finish areas, in the corridor where runners receive their food, in the medical tent where athletes receive care, and basically anywhere to add a branded feel to high-traffic areas. Additionally, we use it at our office for special events to make a welcoming statement and to show people they’ve found the right place.
We are proud to support the The Cowtown Marathon and help bring more visibility to their event.